Working for a government department, you will lead, supervise, train and develop a team of staff involved in the delivery of statutory and non-statutory welfare services to individuals, groups and communities.
You will undertake statutory responsibilities and exercise delegations under the Care and Protection of Children Act in accordance with departmental policies and procedures and ensure the availability of reliable data through the accurate and timely recording of information on Department’s client information and case management systems.
As Team Leader you will contribute to the overall management of the office, including data collection, practice standards, workload trends, program development, community networking and consultation to achieve an integrated best practice approach to service delivery, and where required, participate in the Agency’s After Hours Service.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant degree and eligibility for membership AASW, ACWA, APA OR Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention AND Vocational Graduate Certificate in Community Service Practice (Statutory Child Protection) OR Graduate Certificate in Safe Communities (Child Protection).
- Extensive experience conducting strength based assessments, developing and delivering effective interventions, and a demonstrated capacity to apply best practice principles.
- A sound understanding of the principles and functions of supervision in statutory and non-statutory welfare work and demonstrated ability to provide supportive, educative and administrative supervision of welfare staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team setting, including demonstrated skills in negotiation, conflict resolution, teamwork and leadership.
- Proven ability to communicate and work constructively within culturally diverse settings, including a demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture, family and community structures.
- Willingness to travel in 4WD vehicles and light planes as required and the ability to undertake travel including overnight stay when required.
- $106.568 – $119,351 (P3)
- Relocation assistance – airfares for you and immediate family & pets
- Temporary accommodation / allowance upon arriving in Darwin while you find your own
- Costs for moving/shipping or storing personal effects covered