Our client based in Mackay is seeking an experienced senior Psychologist to join our therapy programs team. This position will involve working with inpatients in a group and 1:1 setting where appropriate. It will also be required to develop and provide day programs to out- patients.
This is an opportunity for a psychologist that is not only looking for an exciting clinical workload, but also looking to begin or further develop their leadership experience. Working with the Allied Health Manager, Psychiatrists and Clinical Nurse, we are looking for a psychology leader to grow the engaging and evidence based psychological services to our mental health in patient and day program services.
- Tertiary qualification in Psychology
- Minimum 5 years relevant mental health experience
- Full registration with AHPRA
- Previous group facilitation experience
- Training in any of the following areas TF-CBT, EMDR, CPT, DBT, ACT, CBT, MBCT, Drug & Alcohol
- Experience in working in an inpatient and outpatient environment
- Experience in working with clients presenting with severe and persistent mental health issues and complex needs
- Previous experience in working with veterans and/or current serving defence members
- Experience liaising with senior management and doctors
- Ability to take initiative and work autonomously within a team
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to be adaptable, self-motivated and flexible
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- A friendly and supportive work environment within an expanding multidisciplinary team.
- Flexible work hours and work life balance.
- Opportunity to be a part of a growing health-service focused on quality of care.