Senior Occupational Therapist
Senior Occupational Therapist
- Darwin, NT with some travel into remote communities
- 12 month part-time contract (0.6 FTE – flexible on whether that is 3 full days or school friendly hours) with potential to increase to full time in future.
- Salary up to $95k (pro rata)
Join an organisation who use their expertise in dogs to enable independence, participation, inclusion and wellbeing for people with low vision or blindness, children with autism, and their families.
Working remotely as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will develop and provide direct vision-related services to our clients and the community, including assessing, planning, implementing and reviewing programs for clients in hospital, school, home and community settings.
In addition, this role will deliver education opportunities for a range of stakeholders, represent the organisation professionally to support business development opportunities and may provide supervision for students and less experienced Occupational Therapists.
- AHPRA registered Occupational Therapist with a willingness to work with clients across all age groups and backgrounds is essential.
- A current Driver’s License and relevant police clearances will be required.
- Following Government Directions in relation to COVID-19 vaccinations, proof of full vaccination will be required.
- Experience assessing vision, prescribing assistive technology and therapy
- Understanding of the impact of vision loss on individuals, families and carers
- Ability to design, implement, monitor and evaluate consumer focused vision rehabilitation programs by applying thorough and professional knowledge
- Proficient in the use of a broad range of technology and a desire to upskill
- Knowledge of relevant disability legislation
- Ability to prioritise work independently and effectively manage time
- Understanding of, and connections with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities (desirable)
- Company car as tool of trade – petrol and vehicle maintenance all taken care of (or KM reimbursement if you used your own vehicle)
- Opportunity to salary sacrifice and maximise your take-home pay
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements
- An Employee Assistance Program offering external counselling and support services to you and your family
- Make a difference for people living with low vision or blindness
"*" indicates required fields
Related Jobs See All
Locum Physiotherapist Hospital
Work at a contemporary private hospital in Central Victoria providing health care services for people in Bendigo and surrounding areas. Our client delivers high quality […]
Locum Dietician Hospital
Locum grade 2 Dietitian required to work alongside a multi-disciplinary team to provide clinical nutrition and dietetic services to clients using advanced clinical practice skills. […]
An excellent locum opportunity has arisen for a Physiotherapist as follows: Working in a Private Practice setting Therefore required private practice experience across competencies such […]
Clinical Care Manager
The role This role is with one of the leading residential aged care homes on the Central Coast of New South Wales. The facility aims […]
Practice Nurse – General Nurse
We require a Practice Nurse for a permanent position located in the Wheatbelt in a small rural Town Talent Quarter are seeking an experienced Practice […]