Psychologist / Provisional Psychologist
- The Psychologist will form part of the Clinic Team and will provide therapeutic support and related counselling and case management services to clients of the organisation’s clinical service.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Conduct psychological, emotional and cognitive assessments on children and young people in the OOHC and early intervention/family preservation programs.
- Produce clear and timely assessment reports that include the collation of information from files, interviews with children, young people and relevant persons including carers, caseworkers, parents and other professionals where relevant.
- Production of Behaviour Support Management Plans in accordance with the OOHC Standards. This includes comprehensive and holistic assessment and delivering behavioural modifications to carers in a respectful and collaborative manner.
- Develop as necessary and provide psycho-education training to foster carers and potential carers with a particular focus on attachment, trauma and the positive behaviour management of children and young people.
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate and/or postgraduate work experience in a related field.
- Possession of a current NSW Drivers License – minimum P2 and willingness to travel across metropolitan Sydney to provide services.
- Willingness to undertake a Working with Children Check.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various theoretical and therapeutic frameworks that underpin assessment, intervention and clinical practice with children and young people with a focus on complex trauma.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal communities, families and children.
- Knowledge and understanding of assessment and support strategies for parents/carers.
- Capacity to perform psychometric testing including emotional, cognitive and educational assessments.
If you are interested in this role and you meet the above requirements, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, call 02 9549 5753.
"*" indicates required fields
Related Jobs See All
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a drive for compliance? Have you got experience in the Aged Care and/or Disability sector? Are […]
SOCIAL WORKER – HOSPITAL
SOCIAL WORKER – HOSPITAL THE ROLE Salary: $85,000 – $100,000 + Superannuation Location: Inner-West, Sydney Type: Permanent, Full Time ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To work as a […]
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER Location: Liverpool, Sydney Salary: $88,700 – $93,000 per annum + Super + Salary Packaging Hours: Full Time, Permanent *Hybrid working available* THE […]
Mental Health Clinician – Older Persons
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN – OLDER PERSONS TRIAGE THE ROLE Location: Geraldton, Western Australia Contract: Ongoing and flexible – open to 3 months, 6 months and […]
CAMHS CLINCIAN – ESPERANCE
CAMHS CLINICIAN – ESPERANCE THE ROLE Salary: $65 – $75 per hour depending on experience + Superannuation + Salary Packaging options Location: Esperance, Western Australia […]