Practice Lead – Specialist Behaviour Support
Working closely with our other Clinical Leads, your network of Behaviour Support Practitioners and Psychologists in existing and future NDIS locations, you will be responsible for leadership of Specialist Behaviour Support and related Clinical Services across 4 sites in South East Queensland.
About the Role
- Responsibility for all components of Behaviour Support delivery including mentoring your team and ensuring services are delivered to NDIS participants according to best clinical practice and within the scope of each person’s plan.
- Provide feedback on Plans via a review process that will support Behaviour Support Practitioners (BSP) towards better and more informed delivery of behaviour support.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative relationships with all stakeholders including participants, their families, guardians, and staff to ensure that participant’s needs are met.
- Drive a culture of positive engagement and continuous improvement within your team and the wider Behaviour Support team.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications and where applicable clinical registration in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Psychology or Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Experience in developing positive behaviour support strategies for people with disability or cognitive impairment
- Experience in mentoring BSPs and reviewing PBSPs
- Experience in a relevant area of practice in relation to people who exhibit challenging behaviours
- Understanding the role of the Quality and Safeguards Commission and the Rules and Practice Standards as they apply to Behaviour Support
- Sound problem solving skills and the ability to work in a flexible environment that at times involves innovative and agile approaches. Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Task oriented, highly organised and with excellent time management capability
The benefits and culture
- An attractive remuneration package, including Salary Packaging
- In addition to your tax-free benefit, you can also use up to $2,650 of your pre-tax income to pay for entertainment expenses (meals, holiday accommodation etc.)
- Corporate Health Insurance plans and discounts with our corporate partners
- Paid external supervision
- An Employee Assistance Program – a free and confidential phone-based counselling service available to all staff and immediate family members
- Encouraged and supported ongoing professional development and diverse career opportunities
- Relocation assistance can be reviewed for the right candidate!
If you are interested in this role and meet the above requirements, please apply via Seek or email your resume to [email protected] or, alternatively, for a confidential chat about the role please call 02 9549 5753.
"*" indicates required fields
Related Jobs See All
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a drive for compliance? Have you got experience in the Aged Care and/or Disability sector? Are […]
SOCIAL WORKER – HOSPITAL
SOCIAL WORKER – HOSPITAL THE ROLE Salary: $85,000 – $100,000 + Superannuation Location: Inner-West, Sydney Type: Permanent, Full Time ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To work as a […]
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER Location: Liverpool, Sydney Salary: $88,700 – $93,000 per annum + Super + Salary Packaging Hours: Full Time, Permanent *Hybrid working available* THE […]
Mental Health Clinician – Older Persons
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN – OLDER PERSONS TRIAGE THE ROLE Location: Geraldton, Western Australia Contract: Ongoing and flexible – open to 3 months, 6 months and […]
CAMHS CLINCIAN – ESPERANCE
CAMHS CLINICIAN – ESPERANCE THE ROLE Salary: $65 – $75 per hour depending on experience + Superannuation + Salary Packaging options Location: Esperance, Western Australia […]