Summary – about the role :
A theatre nurse, also known as a perioperative nurse, is a crucial member of the surgical team. They assist surgeons, anesthesiologists, and other healthcare professionals in the operating room. Theatre nurses ensure the sterile environment, pass instruments, monitor patient vital signs, and provide post-operative care. Their attention to detail, strong communication skills, and ability to work well under pressure contribute to safe and efficient surgical procedures.
Position: Permanent Registered Nurse – Theatre
As a theatre nurse, your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare the operating room for surgical procedures, ensuring it is clean, properly stocked, and all necessary equipment and supplies are available.
- Collaborate with the surgical team to confirm the surgical plan, patient information, and any special requirements for the procedure.
- Assist in positioning and preparing the patient for surgery, ensuring their safety and comfort.
- Maintain a sterile environment throughout the procedure by following strict infection control protocols.
- Pass instruments, sponges, and other surgical supplies to the surgeon and other members of the surgical team as needed.
- Monitor the patient’s vital signs, anaesthesia administration, and fluid balance during the surgery, providing timely updates to the team.
- Document accurate and detailed records of the surgical procedure, including instrument counts and any unexpected events or complications.
- Assist with wound dressing, surgical site closure, and application of post-operative dressings.
- Provide post-operative care and education to patients and their families, addressing any concerns or questions.
What we require from you:
- APHRA registration
- Graduate qualification in Operating Theatre nursing
- Or equivalent clinical experience in the field
- Anaesthetics, DPU & recovery
- Clinical Skills and experience relevant to acute nursing
- Flexibility to work full time across a rotating 7-day roster.
- Complete COVID Vaccinations & 2022 Flu Vaccination, Serology evidence of immunisation status
- Bachelor’s Or Masters
- Current National Police Check & Working with Children’s Check
- Salary Starting from $60k depending on experience.
- Including shift penalties, providing fair compensation for your valuable skills and experience.
- On the job training offered.
- Flexible working arrangements
- Gain exposure in indigenous communities
- Supportive consults that value its employees
We offer an amazing referral scheme also, so if you know anyone looking for an opportunity reach out to us today!
If you’re Interested, Please ‘Apply now‘ or if you want more information feel free to contact Beth.
Email: [email protected] Phone: 0864006437
We look forward to working with you and creating your new and exciting job opportunity.