Are you an experienced Occupational Therapist within Mental Health?
Do you have recent experience of working within a Mental Health Inpatient Unit?
Do you want to work in Alice Springs for a 6-month contract?
Then this contract role is for you!
We are delighted to be supporting our client based in Alice Springs, NT with this Occupational Therapist – Mental Health role for an initial contract period of 6-months, with the potential to be extended.
You will be supporting your patients by providing them with culturally appropriate Occupational Therapy assessment and treatment services to Mental Health Inpatients & Mental Health Sub-Acute patients.
The duties and responsibilities of the Occupational Therapist – Mental Health will include, but not be limited to:
- Providing culturally appropriate OT services to patients of the Mental Health unit, based on caseload demands and professional judgement of priority care
- Facilitating individual and group sessions
- Maintain clinical standards through documentation of patient care and statistics
- Contribute to optimal patient care and case management using inter-disciplinary team approach, through participation with medical, nursing and allied health staff, external agencies, family or other carers
- Participate in the promotion and implementation of OT policies, plans, procedures and resources for therapy and education as required
- Participate in quality activities with OT and Rehabilitation frameworks
- Continuing education, professional development and performance management as per departmental requirements
- Promote the role of OT within the Mental Health Acute and Sub-Acute (Rehabilitation) care
- Provide supervision, professional support and guidance for therapy assistants and work experience students with appropriate delegation of tasks
In order to be considered for the Occupational Therapist – Mental Health role, you will have at least 2 years’ experience in an acute Mental Health Inpatient Unit along with:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy
- Current unrestricted AHPRA registration
- Demonstrated knowledge and clinical competence in the management of caseloads to meet the specific personal, cultural, environmental and health needs of the individual
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to work in a semi-autonomous environment
- Understanding and experience, or a willingness to learn, of Indigenous and remote health issues
- Current NT Drivers licence
If you feel you have the relevant experience to be considered for the Occupational Therapist – Mental Health role, then please submit your most recent resume outlining your relevant experience for immediate consideration.
Alternatively, contact our dedicated Allied Health consultants for Talent Quarter via the below:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 08 6255 6530
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 08 6388 0713