There are a range of positions available, including working directly in one unit, rotational positions across your scope of practice or in rostered teams. There are full time and part time positions available, as well as casual.
Units include antenatal, postnatal, birthing, midwives program-continuity programs, maternity and gynaecology outpatients.
As a level 1 Registered Midwife your will perform the following, under limited direction of the Clinical Midwifery Manager:
- Co-ordinate and provide midwifery care in accordance with relevant guidelines and legislation
- Practice in a way that acknowledges the dignity, culture, values, beliefs, and rights of individuals and/or groups
- Promote midwives within the multidisciplinary team as valuable experts contributing to positive outcomes for women and their families
- Understand and practice within own scope of clinical practice.
- Promote an environment that encourages both individual and team development
- Maintain competence, including mandatory education and assessment; participate in the development of policy, procedures, quality activities and clinical meetings
- Participate and encourage an environment of active lifelong learning
- Undertake other duties appropriate to this level of classification which contribute to the operation of the organisation.
Applicants must meet the necessary criteria outlined below for this position:
- Demonstrated sound level interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Sound organisational skills, including simultaneously managing and prioritising multiple issues, with a high degree of drive
- Adaptability and flexibility to accommodate change and provide responsive services to meet clients’ need
- An ability to work respectfully in partnership with a range of stakeholders while simultaneously demonstrating safe and effective midwifery care.
- Relevant tertiary level midwifery qualifications
- Be registered or be eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- The successful applicant will need to be available for rotational shift work including weekends and night duty
- Computer literacy skills
- Have an understanding of how the National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) indicators align with this role.
- Competitive pay rates
- Excellent working conditions
- Training pathways at all levels
- Education and training support
- Salary packaging with full fringe benefits tax concessions
- Reimbursement for relocation expenses
Further information can be obtained by contacting:
Recruitment Consultant | Nursing
E: [email protected]
T (07) 2112 6558