MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN – ADULTS
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN – ADULTS
Location: Albury, NSW
Contract: Ongoing and flexible – open to 3 months, 6 months and beyond
Salary: $80 per hour plus Superannuation
Accommodation: Provided (hotel or individual studio apartment)
Working within Adults and Older Persons Mental Health, you will provide support to persons in recovery by applying recovery principles in all interactions, practices and documentation so that the response is individualised and enables self-determination and personal recovery. Within the setting of a multidisciplinary team and a recovery orientated framework, provide a high standard of clinical practice, assessment and intervention. This includes actively participating in preventive and early intervention programs, and a range of treatment modalities. The incumbent is expected to actively contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of the services as a whole, and be prepared to work across a range of program areas.
- Provide services to individuals and/or significant others which enable, encourage and promote individuals to research and access resources to develop and utilise personal recovery tools, goals and plans.
- Utilise knowledge of local and international best practice recovery programs, interventions and therapies which promote and focus on personal recovery, self-management, individual strengths and progress.
- Encourage, support and promote the social participation of individuals and advocate for their rights of citizenship and freedom from discrimination.
- Encourage and support self-responsibility for personal safety and positive risk taking and enable individuals to take control and make relevant choices in their life.
- Collaboratively develop, implement and review individual recovery plans with targeted strategies to meet psychological and social needs of individuals, their families and/or support networks.
- Promote recovery as a service goal in interactions with individuals, groups and other organisations.
- Conduct specialist assessments and develop collaborative recovery plans.
- Recognise the difference between clinical recovery vs. personal recovery and support personal recovery as a priority.
- Enable people to work towards their expressed future goals by utilising a positive, forward thinking approach to clinical decision making that recognises progress made by individuals and the potential for growth.
- Social Worker or Psychologist with AASW eligibility or AHPRA
- National Police Check or willing to obtain one
- Working With Children’s Check or willing to obtain one
- Strong background and experience working with adults and older persons mental health
- Double dose of an approved Covid-19 vaccination
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements above, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, call 0421 205 113
"*" indicates required fields
Related Jobs See All
Do you have a keen eye for detail and a drive for compliance? Have you got experience in the Aged Care and/or Disability sector? Are […]
SOCIAL WORKER – HOSPITAL
SOCIAL WORKER – HOSPITAL THE ROLE Salary: $85,000 – $100,000 + Superannuation Location: Inner-West, Sydney Type: Permanent, Full Time ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS To work as a […]
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER
THERAPEUTIC CASE MANAGER Location: Liverpool, Sydney Salary: $88,700 – $93,000 per annum + Super + Salary Packaging Hours: Full Time, Permanent *Hybrid working available* THE […]
Mental Health Clinician – Older Persons
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN – OLDER PERSONS TRIAGE THE ROLE Location: Geraldton, Western Australia Contract: Ongoing and flexible – open to 3 months, 6 months and […]
CAMHS CLINCIAN – ESPERANCE
CAMHS CLINICIAN – ESPERANCE THE ROLE Salary: $65 – $75 per hour depending on experience + Superannuation + Salary Packaging options Location: Esperance, Western Australia […]