Our client is a global Pharmaceutical Company with a wide and diverse range of products. Established for over 130 years this is a forward-thinking business whose goal is, put simply, to make lives better.
They are the world’s largest manufacturer of over-the-counter self-administrating pharmaceutical products.
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join this ever-growing team. You will be responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction for all the site environmental health and safety programs. Establishing EHS objectives and direction for the site through the design, development, implementation and audit of environmental health and safety programs.
Working with the site leadership team and utilising compliance tools and management systems, the EHS Manager will oversee proactive environmental health and safety programs that align with the local and our clients corporate requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective workplace & safety management system.
- Assist Site leaders in providing a workplace that is, as far as reasonably practicable, safe and healthy for employees and Visitors, in their respective areas of control.
- Modelling health & safety leadership and behaviours.
- Chair the Occupational Health & Safety Committee and ensure OSH Representatives are supported.
- Drive consistent and continuous improvement in Environment, Health and Safety practices and standards, whilst developing best practice in safety and operations through inspection, audit, investigation and corrective action.
- Arrange for employees to be inducted, informed and trained in safe work procedures and environmental controls.
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective environmental and sustainability management system.
- Participate in CAPEX project design, scoping and execution in accordance with the capital management plan.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised safety qualification (degree level preferred) and experience in the Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries.
- Demonstrated experience in safety & health and environmental management systems development, implementation and maintenance.
- Sound analytical and problem solving ability.
- High level computer literacy, including MS Office Suite, SAP and Gensuite.
- Technical investigation and report writing skills.
- Experience in equipment and process improvement in an operations environment will be well regarded.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to collaborate with and influence other department managers and team members.
If the above sounds like your ideal role and you have the skills & experience as listed above, please don’t hesitate and apply to Talent Quarter – Life Sciences division today.