Summary – about the role :
As an Emergency Nurse, you’ll have the opportunity to work in the Northern Territory, providing essential medical care to those in need. Emergency nurses are responsible for triaging, assessing, and treating patients in a fast-paced environment.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with a diverse patient population, ranging from locals to tourists, and you’ll be responsible for providing critical care in emergency situations. Your expertise and quick thinking will help save lives and make a difference in the communities you serve.
As a Emergency Department nurse, your responsibilities will include:
Primary goal is to stabilize patients, alleviate pain, and prevent further injury or illness.
- Provide emergency medical care to patients in rural and remote locations.
- Work as part of a team to triage, assess, and treat patients in emergency situations.
- Administer medications and treatments as prescribed by physicians or nurse practitioners.
- Monitor and document patient vital signs and medical history.
- Communicate effectively with patients, family members, and healthcare providers.
- Assist with medical procedures as needed, such as wound care, intubation, or CPR,
- Provide education and support to patients and their families.
- Follow hospital policies and procedures for patient care and safety.
- Maintain accurate and complete medical records.
- Collaborate with other healthcare providers, including physicians, nurse practitioners, and other nurses, to ensure the best possible patient outcomes.
What we require from you:
- APHRA registration
- 12months (min) experience Emergency department
- Clinical Skills and experience relevant to emergency/acute nursing
- Flexibility to work full time across a rotating 7-day roster.
- Complete COVID Vaccinations & 2022 Flu Vaccination, Serology evidence of immunisation status
- Bachelor’s Or Masters
- Triage Certificate (Advantageous)
- Current National Police Check & Working with Children’s Check
- Competitive pay rates for ED nurses range from $72-$80 (am shifts) plus shift penalties
- We offer flexible work arrangements, working with you to secure a contract.
- We can expose you to a diverse range of clients and settings, with ongoing contracts.
- On Call Allowances + call out rates
- Salary Packaging and living away from home allowances
Overall, working with Talent Quarter as an Emergency Department Nurse is an excellent opportunity to grow your career, make a difference in the lives of others, and experience the adventure of working in rural and remote locations.
We offer an amazing referral scheme also, so if you know anyone looking for an opportunity reach out to us today!
If you’re Interested, Please ‘Apply now ‘or if you want more information feel free to contact Jacinta our dedicated consultant @Talent Quarter.
Email: [email protected] Phone: 0864006437
We look forward to working with you and creating your new and exciting job opportunity.