To be considered for a position, you should have the following skills and paid experience
- Experience in working with people who have a range of complex health and social needs particularly within an in-home care or community care settings.
- Able to use interpersonal skills to successfully build professional supportive relationships with clients who may experience some verbal communication difficulties.
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours and confidence in how to de-escalate these situations in line with behaviour support plans.
- Medication administration experience and relevant training certificates to demonstrate this
- The understanding in how to empower our clients to make choices enabling them to reach their full health and wellbeing potential in line with their support plans.
- The ability to record accurate and relevant daily case notes and excellent communication, both written and verbal to relay any issues or concerns with relevant team members.
- A team player who can is reliant and flexible around 24/7 shifts including evenings and weekends
About the role…
- Participate in a range of recreational and educational activities to promote community engagement and be confident in transporting clients to these either by use of car or public transport.
- Assistance with daily living by providing domestic support such as cleaning or preparation of meals.
- Provide personal care assistance with an understanding of being respectful and how to maintain client dignity. Personal care may include manual handling therefore this
- Administer prescribed medication and keep an accurate record of these using relevant paperwork.
- Ensure you are working in line with company policy and procedures and maintaining a professional standard in the care you provide
Essential requirements and certificates:
- Paid Employment within Health Care (Minimum 12 months – unfortunately Volunteer / Prac is not sufficient)
- National Police Clearance Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Manual Handling Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Medication Administration Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- First Aid & CPR Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check (We can organise this for you if you do not have one)
- Car Registration Number (If car will be used for work)
- Current Drivers Licence & Reliable Vehicle
- Two work references including work email addresses
- NDIS Screening Check (We will refund you the cost of this check once you work 200 hours with Sugarman)
- Covid-19 Vacination