Do you want to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people in WA?
Are you looking for work where you can choose your hours and receive above-award pay?
If yes – we want to hear from you!
Talent Quarter offer recruitment solutions to leading Disability and Aged Care providers and we are looking to expand our team of casual Disability Support Workers to provide person-cenrtred care to our growing client base.
We are passionate about ensuring suitable job matches to support you to excel and reach your career goals as well as ensure our clients are receiving quality care. We have a variety of shifts available to enable you to work around your current schedule and maintain a positive work – life balance!
- Experience in working with people who have a range of complex health and social needs particularly within an in-home care or community care settings.
- Able to use interpersonal skills to successfully build professional supportive relationships with clients who may experience some verbal communication difficulties.
- Experience in working with challenging behaviours and confidence in how to de-escalate these situations in line with behaviour support plans.
- Medication administration experience and relevant training certificates
- The understanding in how to empower our clients to make choices enabling them to reach their full health and wellbeing potential in line with their support plans.
- The ability to record accurate and relevant daily case notes and excellent communication, both written and verbal to relay any issues or concerns with relevant team members.
- A team player who can is reliant and flexible around 24/7 shifts including evenings and weekends
About the role
- Participate in a range of recreational and educational activities to promote community engagement and be confident in transporting clients to these either by use of car or public transport.
- Assistance with daily living by providing domestic support such as cleaning or preparation of meals.
- Provide personal care assistance with an understanding of being respectful and how to maintain client dignity. Personal care may include manual handling therefore this
- Administer prescribed medication and keep an accurate record of these using relevant paperwork.
- Ensure you are working in line with company policy and procedures and maintaining a professional standard in the care you provide
- Paid Employment within Health Care (Minimum 12 months – unfortunately Volunteer / Prac is not sufficient)
- National Police Clearance Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Manual Handling Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Medication Administration Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- First Aid & CPR Certificate, dated within the last 12 months
- Working with Children Check (We can organise this for you if you do not have one)
- Car Registration Number (If car will be used for work)
- Current Drivers Licence & Reliable Vehicle
- Two work references including work email addresses
- NDIS Screening Check
- Infection Control
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module
Please copy and paste the link below into your browser to directly access our onboarding system