Celebrating their 30th anniversary this year, our client is a leading Australian owned pharmaceutical manufacturer & distributor.
Located in Sydney, NSW, this international award-winning business is considered by many as the market leader for health supplements, skin care and dairy products.
We are looking for a Director of Sales to join this ever-expanding team.
The Director of Sales will effectively identify and pursue new and existing business opportunities while enhancing relationships with existing clients. They will keep abreast of industry trends, competitor’s services and acquisitions, and work in conjunction with leadership to develop and respond to new and existing business development opportunities.
The Director of Sales, will develop short and long-term BD strategies within their assigned territory and/or account list. They will enter all client information into company systems and will work effectively with all internal functions to drive sales.
- Introduce and maintain long-term client relationships resulting in the expansion of client base
- Directly implement initiatives to help build awareness of our clients capabilities and services
- Discover immediate needs of target market through leads and follow-ups, executing internal and external initiatives to drive bookings and profitable growth
- Use of prospecting tools, sources of industry information, referral networks, and personal relationships to directly research, target, and approach new business opportunities.
- Support direct sales by creating and participating in sales meetings, presentations, and the Proposal process
- Enter all sales related information in company systems
- Schedule meetings with current and potential clients at industry meetings and trade shows and generate associated follow up
- Track and monitor adherence to the client contracting process
- Work collaboratively with all functions that support Business Development, inclusive of proposals, legal, finance, and all functional leadership, promoting a team-selling environment
The ideal candidate:
To be successful in this role, it is likely the candidate will have the following: –
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business or healthcare related field
- Working business development experience within a Pharmaceutical, FMCG or Manufacturing environment.
- The ability to understand the differences in sales cycles and customer interactions
- Consultative and collaborative approach when dealing with customers and internal team members
- Hands-on, collaborative style
- Data-driven and focused on results over activity
- Present a professional company image and presence
- Outstanding organisational and communication skills with ability to effectively communicate and sell his/her ideas at all levels. Listens well and seeks input from others.
- Proven ability to generate new ideas, processes, and strategies to improve the department and ensure the success of sales for the company
- Knowledge of the industry, inclusive of competitors
- Unquestionable personal integrity
- Computer skills including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
How to apply
If the above sounds like your ideal role and you have the skills an experience as detailed above, please don’t delay and apply today. Sending your CV in a word document format. Talent Quarter – Connections with Impact.