CASEWORKER – YOUTH AND FAMILIES
Salary: $84,854 – $89,000 + Superannuation + Salary Packaging
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW
Permanent, Full Time
You will provide casework and case-management to families, children and young people who are at risk of further escalation within the Child Protection system.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide intensive casework and case management services to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and non-Aboriginal families to families with complex needs
- Facilitate and participate in the development and review of case plans
- Provide planning support and structure for the safety of children and young people and immediately take appropriate action in line with agency policies and relevant professional responsibilities where the safety of the child or young person is at risk.
- Advocate effectively and link service users to ongoing support
- Monitor children’s developmental milestones and refer to intervention services where appropriate
- Facilitate the development of transition plans
- Assist families to formulate and achieve goals that are child focused and address the safety and well-being of children.
- Minimum Diploma level qualification in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of strong Caseworker experience, working with children, youth and families
- Demonstrated commitment to children remaining with their own family provided they are safe.
- The ability to assess and work with families to strengthen attachment and bonding between a parent and child
- Demonstrated ability to engage families and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals
- Demonstrated understanding of child protection issues and an ability to conduct risk and family assessments using strengths based approach
- Be able to communicate effectively with clients and service users at all levels
- Working With Children’s Check or willingness to obtain one
- National Police Check or willingness to obtain one
- NSW Driver’s Licence
If you are interested in this role and you meet the above requirements, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, feel free to give me a call on 0421 205 113.