CASEWORKER – FAMILY PRESERVATION
Salary: $84,757 – $89,000 + Super + Salary Packaging
Location: Gregory Hills, Sydney
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
We are currently seeking an experienced and dedicated Caseworker to join the Family Preservation Casework Team in Gregory Hills, Sydney. This role is responsible for providing assessment and intensive case management in line with the Wraparound service model to children, youth and families who are at risk of escalation within the child protection system. Maintaining compliance and professional quality documentation is essential to ensure outcomes for Family Preservation.
- Provide casework services based on the philosophy and principals of integrated case management.
- Understand the context of child and adolescent development, parenting capacity and family environment factors in which to establish the needs of an individual child or adolescent.
- Provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence.
- Develop and maintain specialist participation in case plan delivery from partner organisations included in the service user’s Wraparound team.
- Carry out safety and risk assessments utilising the structured decision making (SDM) suite of tools and practice approach
- Minimum Diploma level qualification in a relevant field such as Social Work or Psychology
- Ability to engage with families with high and complex needs and work in partnership with them to achieve their goals using a variety of intervention strategies from a range of theoretical models.
- Understanding of child protection issues and an ability to conduct risk and family assessments within a competency based approach.
- Understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity, WH&S and a willingness to embrace diversity.
- Strong advocate for children, young people and families
- Skilled decision maker for children’s best interests underpinned by a demonstrated commitment to hearing the voices of children and young people
- Collaborative team player
- Must hold a current WWCC and Drivers licence and willingness to transport families, children and young people.
- Must be willing to undergo a National Police Check
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate
If you are interested in this role and meet the requirements above, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, call 0421 205 113.