BEHAVIOUR SUPPORT ADVISOR
Salary: $90,000 – $100,000 + Superannuation + Salary Packaging
Location: Brisbane, QLD (Work From Home options available)
Hours: Monday – Friday. Full Time, Permanent.
As a Behaviour Support Advisor, this role provides expert practice support and advice to the frontline staff regarding positive behaviour supports provided to clients (with a key focus on restrictive practice). This role will possess knowledge of relevant and approved positive behaviour support practices, legislation, guidelines, and frameworks and apply these into the provision of direct and indirect supports to clients to ensure the highest level of disability practice is achieved and maintained. Working closely with other Behaviour Support Advisors within the team, this role also supports the broader Service Delivery teams regarding learning initiatives related to positive behaviour support and restrictive practice. This role coordinates the centralised governance of our restrictive practice processes within the organisation and the mandatory reporting and approval obligations as required by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission and State Governments.
The role often provides advice regarding strategies / practice / tools / resources that can be implemented until a BSP becomes involved (NDIS providing approval for BSP funding within participant Plans can take several months). It involves working with front line staff and directly with clients regarding practice. The role is NOT required to develop Positive Behaviour Support Plans for clients.
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Registration with AHPRA or AASW would be ideal, but is not essential
- Minimum 2 years experience working within the positive behaviour support space
- Demonstrated knowledge of NDIS standards and practices
- Strong case management experience
- Working With Children’s Check or willingness to undertake one
- National Police Check or willingness to undertake one
- NDIS Worker’s Check or willingness to undertake one
- Covid-19 vaccination certificate
If you are interested in this role and you meet the above requirements, please email a copy of your resume to [email protected] or alternatively, for a confidential discussion about the role, feel free to reach out on 0421 205 113.