ACUTE SOCIAL WORKER
Salary: $80 – $120 per hour + Superannuation + Salary Packaging
Location: Regional Victoria
Accommodation and Travel: Fantastic private accommodation included, along with all travel
As an Acute Social Worker, you will work in a hospital setting within a team that provides services across the acute and sub-acute setting. You will be a valued member of the allied health department and contribute to patient care by providing a high-quality social work service within a multi-disciplinary setting. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Providing patient-centred assessment, intervention and consultative clinical services in cooperation with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Taking a lead clinical role when required, demonstrating special knowledge and depth of experience appropriate to the designated case types.
- Spend 70% of time in patient activity; the other 30% in non-clinical duties
- Using knowledge and appropriate use of relevant services, facilitating the smooth transition of patients through the health care system, liaising with relevant staff and community agencies to ensure continuity of care for individual patients and their families.
- Attending relevant ward rounds/case conferences and family meetings.
- Ensuring all clinical activity undertaken fulfils or exceeds the competency standards of the profession, and the minimum standards for the programs into which they input/relate.
- Implementing complex intervention plans based on assessment.
- Qualified Social Worker with at least 2 years experience
- Eligible for AASW
- Must have experience working within an acute hospital setting
- Experience needed working with adults
- National Police Check or willingness to undertake one
- Working With Children’s Check or willingness to undertake one
If you are interested in this role and you meet the requirements above, please email your resume to [email protected] or for a confidential discussion and to learn more, give me a call on 0421 205 113.